Have you recently noticed that your RAM 1500 pickup isn’t running quite right? Is it misfiring, getting poor mileage, or stalling when you fire it up? If so, then it may be time for a tune-up. For Liberty area drivers looking for a fast and convenient service department, stop into Liberty Dayton Chrysler Dodge Jeep® RAM today.
Signs Your Truck Needs a Tune-Up
Here are some signs that your pickup truck might be in need of a tune-up:
- The Check Engine Light is On: This is the most obvious sign that it’s time to take your car in for a check up. It could be something as simple as a faulty oxygen sensor, but you won’t know for sure unless you bring it in and have a certified mechanic narrow down the culprit. And just because you hit speed bump and the light turned off does not mean the problem fixed itself.
- An Engine that Misfires: This occurs when your truck’s spark plugs are igniting at the wrong time. A worn spark plug could be to blame if you’re vehicle isn’t turning over. This issue can also lead to sluggish acceleration and issues with starting your vehicle.
- Dirty Engine Air Filters: Clogged air filters can lead to reduced acceleration and poor handling. Your truck’s filters will get dirty or clogged over time and if you haven’t changed them in a couple of years (or at all), now is the time to do it.
What’s Included in My Tune-Up?
Some services included in a tune-up include:
- Looking over your truck to ensure it’s working at its best
- Oil and filter change
- Checking tire pressure and alignment
If your truck needs a tune-up, stop by our Liberty area GMC service department today.